So I decided to go with a DNC and im really emotional...

I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks and i wasnt sure what I wanted to do but I chose to have a DNC and now Im soooooooo emotional its not even funny! I cry for everything. My DNC was friday and Monday i had an ultrasound because I had really heavy bleeding and they told me that there was still some tissue left inside my uterus.......OMG i have been crying so much im not too sure this is normal. I have been super sensitive. Has this happened to anyone and what did you do?

Asked by selaranda at 12:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• huggingI just thought you at least needed a hug.

Answer by Dahis at 12:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• It hasn't happened to me.. but I'm sooo sorry it happened to you.♥

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Well you lost a child, and topped with that you still have hormones.. I have had to have 2 D&C's and they are hard on a person. What did they say about the tissue? I had bleeding for about 2 weeks after mine, but did they say they need to repeat it? I am so sorry for you loss momma!

Answer by kimigogo at 12:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I'm so sorry. I think it's normal for you to cry so much after what you've been through. Let it all out, don't bottle up your emotions.

Answer by Ashoonik at 12:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I know how you feel. I did not need a D&C for my first miscarriage, but the loss was hard. My emotions were crazy until my body returned to normal. My second, I decided on the D&C, and it was so much harder. I think it was because it made it so real, by being the end. And of course, the hormones going nuts. I promise you will get through this, it will take some time. Cry, talk to someone, you need to get it all out. Hugs to you!!!! I wish you the best!!

Answer by AngieBry at 12:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• They said I will have another ultrasound tomorrow and if there is still alot of tissue inside then i will need another DNC. Not too sure yet.....Thank you ladies for the hugs !! I need them although they come from across the miles they help :) Cafe mom is the best !

Comment by selaranda (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I had a miscarriage too but i didnt have a dnc.. but all i can think about is my baby!!! what went wrong... but i am gone try again real soon!!!

Answer by shaye226 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Anytime you have a miscarraige it's normal to be emotional.

Answer by CashsMama at 1:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• The end of a pregnancy - by any means and at any time - will cause the hormones to drop. The drop triggers your emotions. I'm sorry that you have to deal with both the loss plus the 'eventful' DNC

Answer by JSD24 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2011