Cafemom opinions

I was just wondering do you ever feel like in some of the forums that the women stick up and make excuses for dead beat dads?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• I really haven't seen that here.. Normally the women here are very harsh on dead beat dads.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Cafemoms stick up for a whole bunch of weird shit.
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 12:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I often find it to be the exact opposite, I see women looking for reasons to call him a deadbeat Dad.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• not that i've ever seen. you do have to wonder why some seemingly put up with men like that..complain about it, but do nothing about it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• No, I don't usually see that. I find we tend to be more of a men bashing group in general.. LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I am with superrmommy on this one.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Maybe, but it's probably because they've realized that it's futile to try and change their man so they learn to live with it and accept it. I think a great deal of blame goes to the women who pick men like this in the first place..and that because they picked someone like that they should do some serious soul searching to figure out why.

I know this can't apply in every situation and their are exceptions..but usually the writing is on the wall before kids enter the picture.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 12:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• From what I have seen, I have bent over backwards for my sons bio dad. I asked to switch times on parenting time because my son will be attending school and he refuses, also he refuses to pick him up from school. I have always let him switch times and days if he had something to do, but he is not willing to work with me on things. And the women on the forums have called me controlling and unfair because I am trying to make changes, and they told me I should keep my son out of kindergarten. Also they say I am being rude to him because now I won't be letting him switch days or times if he asks. But yet he shouldn't have to work with me on things and I should just let myself be walked on.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Not in a lot of cases. For instance I had my oldest when I was 18. Bio dad didn't turn into a jerk until after we split up. So I don't feel like its the women's fault for picking crappy guys. Some guys can just hide their true self really well.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Op..that is why I put a little disclaimer at the bottom of my answer:) I know this doesn't apply in every situation..there's a lot to be said for being young and making mistakes, and sometimes we don't figure out things until after the fact. I just think in many cases that it CAN be avoided.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 12:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2011