If your pregers with other children....

does your child or children cling more to you now that you are pergers then before... i'm finding that my son is more attached to me more then before... i'm 28 weeks right now and he never wants to ask his dad for anything he always comes to me even when my husband is right next to me and will tell him no i want mom too... and it's for everything...

do you think he will be this way once the baby comes too?

mommys2cupcakes

Asked by mommys2cupcakes at 12:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• Is prgrs short for pregnant?
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• yes
    mommys2cupcakes

Comment by mommys2cupcakes (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• No, I didn't find that to be true with either pregnancy after children.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My daughter isn't really old enough to know that I am pregnant, but she is always wanting me over him. I think it is because I am her primary caregiver, as I only work a few times a month and he works full time. She usually won't even let him hold her if she knows that I am in the house. I am hoping that once the baby comes she will start letting daddy do things, she doesn't like him giving her baths, changing her diaper, holding her, nothing!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• No I never had that problem.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• i'm trying to let my son know that now he's 2 going to be 3 soon.
    mommys2cupcakes

Comment by mommys2cupcakes (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My boy prefers me over dad for certain things. Dads still the better rough houser and that good since I am having a harder time getting down on the floor with my tummy growing.
    ThomasMomKC

Answer by ThomasMomKC at 12:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My five year old is doing that.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• One of my children has been like that. Include him in your pregnancy. My children are fascinated at pictures of what the baby looks like at each week of development. I always talked to the kids about how they were going to be a great big brother/sister and all the fun things they could do when the baby came.

When one seemed more clingy, I made a point to spend some extra one on one time with them and maybe some extra cuddling/rocking before bedtime. He just needs a little extra from you! If you rest during his nap time, maybe let him lay down beside you. Even sleeping, just having you near can be that little bit extra!

Congratulations!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• my dd is 3 now but shes really not that clingy..she tells me she wnts to hug and kiss the baby...im takeing her to a pregancy class for kids 2-7 it helps them explain whats goin on with you...mayb look into something like that?? idk about the after part bc this is my second...good luck and congrats
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 2:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2011