Where is a good place to buy good used cell phones that are web capable?

My contract with Verizon is not up yet, but I hate my phone. I want another phone that I can put unlimited mobile web on, until my contract is up in February, then I can get one at discount pricing. So where is a good place to find used phones? I looked at Ebay, but I'm really worried about purchasing on there for fear of being ripped off. I don't want to spend more than $75.oo. Is there anywhere else to look? And what do I need to look for and be weary of online?

wmjsease

Asked by wmjsease at 12:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Technology

• Google it, eBay and amazon.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• check craigslist
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• We buy our phones on craigslist, we always find someone that is willing to meet us at the store for activation to make sure the phone is clean and is able to be activated. That way they are in your area and you can meet in a public location and can get it taken care of. We have sprint so I dont know if you're able to do it with Verizon or not but you can also ask them for the ESN or whatever its called on Verizon and check in on the website to make sure it isn't activated on another account that hasn't paid their bill or something. Good luck finding a phone!
    husky_grlie08

Answer by husky_grlie08 at 12:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• google; craigslist; amazon; ebay
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• craigslist, ebay
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 10:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I know a bunch of people who have purchased phones off of craigslist... I'd check there first.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 11:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• ebay or craigslist.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 11:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• You always take your chances on a refurb phone ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• EBay
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 6:04 AM on Jul. 19, 2011

• No idea, here's a bump
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:57 AM on Jul. 20, 2011