(Just for Fun) Have you ever been told you're not a "Real" _fill in your faith here_?

And why?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, I honestly can't say I have.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• No
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I've been told quite a few times that I'm not a "real Pagan" because I eat meat, I believe in YHWH and that Jesus was a prophet... And a few other reasons that are escaping my brain.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 12:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yah I've seen that! Maybe you should take a blood test and get a certificate! Lol lol jk
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• oh yes..more than once. by other christians..namely, family members.
    why? blame it on legalistic idealogy. i've always thought 'differently' about hot-button societal issues (abortion, for one) than they do. i realized at a very young age (14ish) that i could not, and would not ever be able to 'discuss' certain issues with them.
    no wonder they never knew the Me of my 20s....
    now, at age 42, and for quite some time actually, if i think it, i say it. dang them and their narrow-minded views of life and God. and yes, i'm still a REAL christian. lol.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I've never been told that I'm not a real atheist, but I have been told that atheists don't exist.  So I guess you could say that I've been told that I'm not real.  Period!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Oh, Beeky, you know you're faking it! lol

Seriously? Atheists don't exist? Who the hell believes that?

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 12:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Hey baby, I've never faked it in my life! ;)

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yes, on many occasions, lol. Those of you who know me know why - I reject a lot of "traditional" doctrine, like the idea of hell, for instance.... I also don't believe that homosexuality is wrong, or that other faiths are wrong... My universalism and pluralistic/syncretic tendencies bother some people, too. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yes I have been told many times I am not a real Christian. Mostly by Sunday Christians. You know the ones that are full of love and faith for God on Sunday, but the rest of the week are the most hate filled spiteful people.

It bothered me for a long time, but I realize what sad little lives they lead.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2011