Reading and writing in Theban...(for other Pagans,Wiccans,ect. only please)

Yesterday while writing a list of things I need to put in my BOS (I'm having to pretty much re-do it all as I made the mistake of working on it, then puting it down to go into the kitchen for something and come back to find my little two year old trying to color in it/tear pages from it) I realized once I was finished that I had written the entire thing in the Theban Alphabet and I could still read it.

I was actually very proud of myself seeing as I have been trying to learn it perfectly for about a year or two. do any other Pagan/Wiccan moms here know how to read and write in Theban too even if its just a little bit? or if not Theban can you read and write in other pagan alphabets like Runes, Ogham, Enochian, Malachim, ect? if you don't really write in(or read) any pagan alphabets do you have a copy of some of them in your BOS anyway?

flower_angel

Asked by flower_angel at 12:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Honestly, I'm a fan of good ol' fashioned English! lol I'm dyslexic, so the idea of trying to master a second language or whatever just is beyond me. Hell, I have enough trouble reading every day American English some days - it keeps things interesting.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My sister burned my BOS about 10yrs ago, and another one just has never felt right to me...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I agree with her English would probably be better to read. Can you answer my question about Louisiana Voodoo? I'm interested in the pagan religion.
    Diamond2010

Answer by Diamond2010 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• lol Sabrina I'm also dyslexic. usually when I'm reading things I have to sometimes have to look at a word over and over to make sure I see all the right letters and that at lest two of the letters aren't switched. sometimes I will see the word and for example and looking at it the first time I'll see adn or nad or something. How I finally figured out how to write as well as read Theban is a mystery but I'm happy I can do it now.

girlglow6, I'm sorry your sister burned your BOS. I don't think she had the right to do that. was/is she one of the people out there that don't like anything Wiccan/Pagan?
    flower_angel

Comment by flower_angel (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• "Can you answer my question about Louisiana Voodoo? I'm interested in the pagan religion."

I think its great that your interested in the pagan religion, but I'm just starting to learn about Voodoo/vodun myself. so we will both have to find another Pagan that knows more about it. I think this might bo of some help to you 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_Voodoo

flower_angel

Comment by flower_angel (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• girlglow6, I'm sorry your sister burned your BOS. I don't think she had the right to do that. was/is she one of the people out there that don't like anything Wiccan/Pagan?

i think of her more as a spiteful hiprocratic bitch but that's just me lol.. she did it to gain approval from my devout christian family and to torture me, she could've cared less what it was really..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• If you're a witch how does your name contain the word angel?
    Anonymous

• "If you're a witch how does your name contain the word angel?"

there are three reasons for my CM screen name. #1 one of my favorite video games is Final Fantasy 7. my favorite character in that game is named Aeris(Aerth) who was a flower girl and who gets killed by the main bad guy of the game. (and after she dies most people see her as or call her an angel.) #2 which goes hand and hand with reason #1, A friend of mine who also likes the game(and all the other Final Fantasy games) calls her a "flower angel" and that's what she calls me too. and reason #3 yes I am a Witch(and damn proud of it) but I have also believe in real angels my entire life. you don't have to be christian only to believe in them. I have also known seveal other Wiccans, Pagans, and other types of Witches who believe in angels as well. it is possible to be a witch and believe in angels at the same time.
    flower_angel

Comment by flower_angel (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I have a poster with the Theban alphabet on it and I had a wedding ring with a phrase in Theban on it.

However, I have not tried to learn it...I like the look of it on the poster(I got it free from an order I made a few years ago)and dont really have a desire to.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I have enough trouble with English myself! LOL That's quite an accomplishment though... I bet it looks great!! ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2011