What is a great breast pump? I am planning on breast feeding, but i definitely want to pump as well. I was reading about the Medela breast pumps. Any suggestions?

kb81888

Asked by kb81888 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have heard that Medela pumps are great, but they are also expensive. I have a first years dual pump that worked great, and MUCH cheaper!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Medelas are great but way to expensive. If you canfind one on craigslist you are better off
    MoonMomma314

Answer by MoonMomma314 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• If you're only going to be pumping on a need-to-pump basis (not daily - just when breastfeeding is not an option), I really like the Avent handpumps. It's very affordable (the one I had was about $70) and works really well. I don't recommend electric if you won't be using it daily... they have a tendency to be more powerful and more painful for you... whereas handpumps are easier on you cause you can go at your own pace. Avent is one of my favorite brands... it's so much more affordable and ALL of the bottles/storage options fit together, whereas some brands have different styles that don't fit in. Here's the link for the pump I had:

http://www.usa.philips.com/c/avent-baby-breastfeeding/scf310_20/prd/en/

AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• The Medela one is the one my girls have used, and they love it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• if u live in areas where they have breastfeeding lunches you can get one from you breastfeeding consultant.... I have a manual one, a travel battery powered one, and my big one I got from my consultant... And best of all the big one is free... You just have to give them back the base when your done... Each time a new mommy gets the base they get all new parts of their own... Hope this helps...
    JaylynnsMommy21

Answer by JaylynnsMommy21 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I loved the Madela Breast Pump. It was expensive, but I used it when I went back to work daily until my daughter was 12 months.

Then, I continued to breastfeed, but no longer pumped and I sold the pump on craiglist!
    amandasmomma

Answer by amandasmomma at 1:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I used the Madela manual one. I really like it!
    CashsMama

Answer by CashsMama at 1:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Madela pump and style is sooo worth the extra $. You can get them used for pretty cheap- just replace the shields and tubing. Good luck!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 2:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• The Medela pump and style is awesome. Check with your hospital some rent them.
    ThomasMomKC

Answer by ThomasMomKC at 2:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2011