can i be prego?

i have been on the depo shot for almost a year and have not had my period since i started, however for the last month i have been feeling "symptoms". i have been really tired, have had constant migraines for the last two weeks, use the bathroom way more than i normally do and have been naseous pretty much nonstop. i normally drink about 5 cups of coffee a day and the last week even one cup makes me sick. also in the last week my breasts feel alot heavier and it litterally feels like someone is taking a razor to my nipples.and not to mention the lower back pain and the cramps... i dont know when to expect a missed period since i have not had it in a yr, and i took a at home test that came back neg... am i just imagining things or can i be pregnant and its just too soon to tell?

froggiebaby2010

Asked by froggiebaby2010 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• could be. birth control is not 100% affective. go see your doctor.
    Anonymous

• Go to the doctor.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• time for blood work and a refresher on pregnancy while on birth control.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yes you could be, no birth control is 100% effective. Do you use condoms as well? If not then it is pretty possible. I got pregnant while I had the IUD and we used condoms as well. I would go see your doc., they can do a blood test for you.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yes you could be pregnant. I got pregnant with my DS while I was on birth control! I agree with everyone that has said go see your doctor!
    christinab19

Answer by christinab19 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• my fiance and i started out doubling up on bc but we stopped bc he claims it is a "mood killer" for him, unfortunately, hes not ready for a kid yet, hes 22 and im 20, but hes one of those guys that doesnt want kids till 30 something, and over reacts to anything female related. we had a scare about 6 months ago and he didnt come home or talk to me for a good two weeks, and im worried he will do it again if i make an extra doc appt after complaining about everything that ive been feeling the last three weeks. its a wonder i can get an at home test without him finding out and overreacting, however i am extremely worried that i might be expecting, but also kinda hoping i am... any suggestions for dealing with filling him in?
    froggiebaby2010

Comment by froggiebaby2010 (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I had a friend get pregnant on depo. :( good luck hun. I would take a test.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Damn, that is a lot of symptoms!
    CashsMama

Answer by CashsMama at 1:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• yea, lol i really dont belive the pt bc of all the symptoms, and after talking to my mom about it i have everything that tipped her off to her being prego with me...but i really dont know whether to be scared or excited... im ready to start a family but my fiance is FAR from ready....
    froggiebaby2010

Comment by froggiebaby2010 (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2011