How do i get my baby to sleep throught the night?!

He is almost 4 months old and only sleeps about 5 hours max only at night time. any idea why

MoonMomma314

Asked by MoonMomma314 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• that's actually really good!! stop listening to those people who tell you their baby was sleeping through the night at 4 to 6 weeks.. ! Lol!~ 5 hours for this age is great!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• awesome! thank you so much!!!
    MoonMomma314

Comment by MoonMomma314 (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 12:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• You are doing great! All babies are different. The irony is when he does sleep all night, you will be up all night waiting for him to wake up.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• try this... my daugther got to where she wouldnt sleep anywhere long... I asked her doctor and he said feed her, make sure she is clean, and put her in her baby swing.... And BAM she sleeps anywhere from 6 to 7 hours all night...
    My dd has acid reflux so the tilted angle of the swing helps her belly and helps her sleep better... She to is 4months old
    Hope this helps
    JaylynnsMommy21

Answer by JaylynnsMommy21 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I got lucky with my most recent baby girl, she slept through the night from the beginning at about 1 month old... for the past week or two she has been sleeping from about eleven to five.... but with my first one he was a boy, he did not sleep all night until he was almost two years old... that was rough. but all babies are different, just make sure you get their tummy full and when you wake her up at night make sure you dont have alot of comotion going on, keep it dark and quiet and when they are done eating they should just fall back asleep, but if your like me you like to change the diaper and etc... but if they can make it a couple more hours try not to do that... my little girl does not soak herself so i dont have that problem.. im hoping she will be easy to potty train too...
    mykidsloveme08

Answer by mykidsloveme08 at 7:52 AM on Jun. 30, 2011