Any Advice on How to get rid of craddle cap on my son's head?

christinab19

Asked by christinab19 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've rubbed olive oil on my kids' heads when they were babies and it worked. You only need a few drops and massage it into the affected area.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• apply white vinegar, let dry brush it out, & then wash......do it 2 times a week until gone
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 12:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My Dd had a big problem with this, and I asked around and people told me to use an adult wash cloth and just scrub it off with baby soap. It worked. She still had it in her soft spot, but honestly, it didn't hurt her for me to just scrub it off...
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 12:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I used vaseline and a comb - took 2 days
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Wash your baby's hair with a gentle shampoo using a baby brush to give the scalp a gentle scrub (you probably got one at the hospital). If you don't have a baby brush, gently use your fingers to work at the cradle cap. Don't pick or scrub too hard or you could cause irritation. If that doesn't seem to do the trick, you can use baby oil to massage the scalp before washing. You can even use a baby exfoliator like MD Mom's Baby Silk Gentle Scalp Rub if you need a little extra help.No need to fret over cradle cap. It is a very common condition in babies and in no way has to do with the frequency that you wash your baby's hair.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 12:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Lol it bothers us more than iit bothers them. Lotion, soap amd water, baby oil, anything safe to their skin to soften it.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 12:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Use a soft bristle brush and then apply aquaphor daily- it should clear up in about 2 days.
    ThomasMomKC

Answer by ThomasMomKC at 12:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Vasaline and a very soft toothbrush. Rub them vasaline on and do circles with the toothbrush then wash their hair.
    sdowlin

Answer by sdowlin at 1:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Our DD had really bad cradle cap and eczema. Before giving her a bath i massaged baby oil in her head for 15 minutes and lightly brushed her head with a soft bristle brush - the flakes just fell off. After giving her a bath, while she is still moist we put baby oil on her. Then used aquafor on her head and body. She is cradle cap free to this day....knock on wood
    happymom353

Answer by happymom353 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Thanks for everyone's advice!
    christinab19

Comment by christinab19 (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2011