Window coverings

do you have curtains, blinds, shades or what up to your windows? Do you open them during the day?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We have blinds and draperies. During the day I pull the downstairs blinds up so they don't show beneath the valances.

Answer by missanc at 2:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• we have blinds on all the windows and curtains.. the front room has blinds and the rest of the house has plain curtains. I open the blinds half way during the day but as for opening the window or the curtains around the house, no. it's too hot right now for either and everyone pretty much stays in the main part of the house during the day
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Blinds on everything but our front windows but that will change when we can get some good sun blockers. We do open them up unless we need to block out sun for cooling purposes.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 1:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• We have blinds on the main floor and curtains upstairs in the bedrooms.  Yes I always open them in the morning because I love the house flooded with sunlight.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• We have blinds on all the windows. We open them every day.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 2:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I just installed new cloth Levelors that open both at the top and bottom. We live in a wooded, hilly area and are surrounded by Redwood trees, so the top openings provide a nice visual. They are cream colored in the formal areas and bedrooms and white in our main bathroom. I have topped the windows in the formal area with mahogany cornices that match our Bamboo flooring- Our house is tall and skinny (beach house, premium land) and we are in tight quarters, so ambient lighting is important-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Curtains - love them!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• black put curtains opened of the day
    nikkij85

Answer by nikkij85 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2011