This question is only for the pagan/wiccan cafemoms

This question is only for the pagan/wiccan cafemoms....

Is Louisiana Voodoo [New Orleans Voodoo] evil? This religion is a mixture of catholicism and voodoo. I know somebody that practices it so I'm just curious to find out more about the Louisiana Voodoo [New Orleans Voodoo] religion. Here is a link that talks about the religion more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_Voodoo

Diamond2010

Asked by Diamond2010 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• As a whole? No. Are there those who practice Voodoo and use it for negative things? I'm sure. But as with any other belief system (baring outright cults), it's the people involved, not the path that is the issue.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I am not familiar with that really but I don't think it is all evil. I think I would have to agree with Sabrina's answers
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Im not too familiar with voodoo/hoodoo stuff.

However, nothing is evil(IMHO)unless the doer intends it for evil purposes.

Any religion or spiritual belief can be used for evil if thats what the person wants from it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• nothing is evil(IMHO)unless the doer intends it for evil purposes. <<--- that's basically what I was going to say as well. It's all about intent!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• The big thing to remember is intent matters!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Magick is not good or evil ... it just IS. The "evil" is in the intent (motive) of the person doing the magick.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• SpiritedWitch is right : THE TRUE MAGIC IS NEUTRAL. NEITHER GOOD NOR EVIL, NEITHER BLACK NOR WHITE. THE GOOD OR BAD IS IN THE HEART OF THE WITCH.

Voodoo has been seen in books and movie as being a practice of evil spells, but movies are not real life;---are they ? !
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 10:03 AM on Jul. 2, 2011