Does your DH milk it when he is sick?

I get that my DH is sick, and I sympathize, but I have been sick for most of pregnancy too. He just seems to go a little overboard when he is sick, he acts like he can't even talk because he is in too much pain, I could still talk while I was in labor!! I know he has a bit of a fever and seems to be coming down with something but sometimes I feel like he is acting like he is dying! I feel like I am taking care of 2 babies right now! Anyone else's DH act like this?

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 12:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• Worse than my kids do but he never lets me rest when I am sick. I am still up and running even with a high fever and feeling like crap warmed over.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• YES! He woke up sick this morning & i had to fake my sympathy because I knew I'd have another child on my hands to take care of for the next few days. He is so pathetic when he is sick.

I'm totally PMSing too...bad time for DH to get sick. Not feeling as compassionate as usual...lol. I will be nice though, he really is sweet to me when i am sick. So, i guess I'll buck up & play nurse...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Hell NO! he is type A, he has to be doing or reading something.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• yes but whats worse for me is every time i say my head hurts or i dont feel good or whatever he always tries to out do me. he always feels worse than me even though he doesnt say ANYTHING about it until i say something.
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 1:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My DH takes good care of me when I am the only one that is sick, and he doesn't get sick too often, but when he does, usually once or every 3-4 months it is like his world has to completely stop! He woke me up from a nap yesterday, I gave him a 3 hour nap, and I am not feeling well either so when I put my DD down for her afternoon nap I went to take one too. She woke up with a full diaper after less than hour of me sleeping, and he woke me up bc he said he couldn't bend over to change her on the floor! I was just thinking, Well that is what the damn changing table is for genius!
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• no. he has way too much pride and macheesemo.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• He does! But then again so do I!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 1:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• He takes a cold like a man. But if its the flu then....sigh.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yep, my DH is a baby when it coms to being sick.
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 4:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2011