How many times a week/month do you get a babysitter?

Not counting childcare for work.

happymom353

Asked by happymom353 at 12:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• hmm none for the week and hmm none for the month LOL
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 1:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Zero. My son is 21 months and has never been with a babysitter. He has, however, been watched by my mom and my MIL, but even that's rare.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Never. About once every 3 or 4 months the older two will go visit with my gram for a few hours without me. But that's it. They have never been with a sitter.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• nothing....My kids are 6 and 3 and I am 34 weeks pregnant and my girls have never been with a babysitter or daycare. A friend of mine has watched my oldest before, but not for a while since she was like 18 months old. Then my mom and my sister are the only other ones I leave my girls with and even that is rare. Well right now my mom has been watching the girls while I go to the dr because my kids are so bad when we go, but we took them last week with us and my mom ends up only watching them for maybe a half hour. Right now I am seeing the dr every 2 weeks and then after next week will be every week. Other than that I don't normally get a sitter. Last time I had a sitter other than going to the dr right now is when I went christmas shopping last christmas lol. I am having my neighbor watch the girls when I go to have this baby for one night and even then I am nervous about leaving them.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• He's never had a sitter at 3-1/2 and we about 2 times a year will ask my mom or sister to watch him at our house lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Never. My son is 4 1/2 and only been watched a handful of times by my mom and/or MIL. My daughter is 1 and only been watched twice by my MIL.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I think the last time my daughter was with a babysitter was in April when we went out for my bday, before that is what Feb when I had to take my DH to the ER in the evening and my neighbor came over and watched her for us. (If we do go somewhere we usually just take her with us.)
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• other than when i wrote my exams in february, he's stayed with my mum a few hours twice in 7.5 months.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 1:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• LOL! How about how many times a year?? Maybe 3?? We usually get out for our anniversary and maybe my birthday. Then maybe one other time. :D
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I could probably count on 1 had how many times I have had a babysitter at all this year. Not often enough!
    staynhomewith2

Answer by staynhomewith2 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2011