Any advice on How to get my 8 month old to sleep through the night?

Right now my DS only sleeps for 4 to 6 hours at night!

christinab19

Asked by christinab19 at 1:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is he fed RIGHT before you put him down?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• ummm... my daughter just turned 1 ans still wakes up once a night!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Completely normal! Are you nursing or bottle feeding? Feed the baby right before bed. If you are nursing, have someone else (if possible) get up with baby and rock him back to sleep. If that doesn't work then nurse him.

My 19 month old only VERY recently started sleeping through the night. And if he gets sick or has a growth spurt he will be up to nurse during the night. Perfectly normal.

You can encourage sleeping all night, and take steps to help the baby learn to - but remember it isn't going to be permanent. You may have days baby sleeps all night, but then he will be back to waking up again. Just keep working on it and encouraging it. My 2 1/2 year old still gets up once in a while in the night.

:D Sorry. Just get used to being exhausted. You have at least a few more years to go. :D
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I nurse my DS before putting him down for the night and again before I go to sleep for the night! I think the problem is I got spoiled with my DD who slept through the night from about 6 months.
    christinab19

Comment by christinab19 (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• exercise might help you baby sleep :)
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2011