Is it weird to bring mother and dad on honeymoon?

A friend was telling me the other day that they are bringing their parents on their honeymoon. They want their kids to be there, but they want a babysitter for them. I just thought it was weird...

happymom353

Asked by happymom353 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't know your friend but that to me would be a red flag for my marriage. Every couple needs time away from the kids to connect and to grow as a couple. I think family vacations are a great idea, but a honeymoon should be time for a couple to be close without the kids and the in-laws. If my husband suggested this I would worry that the kids/in-laws would always come before our marriage (which should be number 1) Kids grow up and parents pass away...and all you are left with is your spouse. A marriage needs to be a strong, united front and a trip alone can help to develope that.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 1:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• The Honeymoon is NOT a family vacation. It is for the newlyweds. I am all for family....but, the MARRIAGE, The husband and wife relationship ,should come first!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• ttcgrandmagrandpavery weird and creepy.

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Nothing wrong with it, but I wouldn't do it. I would leave the kids home with the grandparents
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• a family get away honeymoon.. that sounds sweet to me. they take their honeymoon and make it into a family vacation
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Well, it stopped being a traditional honeymoon when they decided to bring the kids. That makes it a family vacation. So sure, why not bring some babysitters.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 1:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Thats not right. They shouldnt even call it a honeymoon. Just call it the family celebration or family vacation. Because a honeymoon is for the newleyweds to go away, celebrate thier new union, and get to know each other (and have alot of sex......) I dont see how they can really do that with all these people around. It seems like a waste of money too.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• That's not a honeymoon, it's a family vacation.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 3:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Considering that a honeymoon is a time to get it on *wink-wink*, I wouldn't bring anyone besides my husband.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 3:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2011