When is a good age for the pacifier to "disappear"

happymom353

Asked by happymom353 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 1 year old and thats stretching it a bit imo.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• between 1 and 2 but really its your own choice
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• the sooner the better! My 1st dd wouldnt take hers after 8 months, my second dd was attached hard though and we finally got her broke at 18 months, and my son (10 months) Hates binkies, and always has!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 1:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I think they should go when babies start getting their teeth...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 1:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• depends how old the baby is, if you can limit usage around 6 months it might be easier than trying it later - I don't really know because my son wouldn't take it liol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• 1 year old.

With each of our kids we rounded them all up the night before their first birthday and threw them all away. It was harder on us parents than the kids for a few days after. But, neither my husband nor I regret doing it. We both HATE seeing 2+ year old kids trying to talk around that darn plug.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• my son was 11 months when we cut him of it - but we gradually made it there. it went from all day (baby), to just naps (around 6-7 months), then i would just put it in the crib with him and if he was interested, he'd have it. by 11 months i just stopped putting it in there and he stopped! i personally cant stand when i see 4 or 5 year olds with them STILL!!!!
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• my 17 month old takes hers still but only at nap and bedtime. she has never been one of those babies that walks around with it 24/7. i know she won't still need it to fall asleep in college, so as long as it's working for all of us i don't care how long she uses it to fall asleep. i refuse though to be one of those moms that allows my 6 year old to walk around with it at the store. my older daughters are 4 and 2 and both gave theirs up between 14-16 months.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• 12 months. Both paci and bottle should be going bye-bye!
    LUCIANA11TX

Answer by LUCIANA11TX at 1:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yikes! My daughter just turned 2 and still has a binky,but it's only for nap and bedtime.Give me some tips on how to get rid of it besides cold turkey.I did cold turkey with my oldest and she went right to the thumb.
    Jeswife44

Answer by Jeswife44 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2011