39 weeks preggo, how can I help dilate?

Dr appt later today... last week I was 3cm, 25%. Nothing yet. I've been walking and having sex...

LUCIANA11TX

Asked by LUCIANA11TX at 1:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• my friend had a stuffed cheese pizza and she went right into labor and had her baby that day!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Trying walking uphill. This worked for me. It gives you a bit more of a workout. By 39 weeks I was walking everywhere! I hardly ever used my car (only to go to the doc or into town).
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• don't yell but grab a chair put it in front of you withy your back against the wall and do some very slow and careful squats. it works.....................
    Auntilanna

Answer by Auntilanna at 1:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• walk walk walk walk walk walk. and have lots of sex...while you still can!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• i have the perfect answer and it helped me go into labor with BOTH of my pregnancies!!!!!

http://www.scalinis.com/Bambino.htm

It's a labor inducing eggplant parm recipe - I dont know if it's a mixture between the spices in the sauce plus the eggplant, but it tastes DELICIOUS too!!! good luck!
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• i have heard walking and sex alot ...but i have also heard that anything that gives you diarrhea such as castro oil also works... thats what they used around the time when my granma was having kids...hope this helps
    Warrenbaby

Answer by Warrenbaby at 1:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• dialation really doesn't mean that you're going to go into labor "right this second" You could go from 0 to 10 in the matter of hours or you could walk around at 4 for days on end. Just keep hanging in there. Baby will come when he/she is ready!
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 1:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• You can't really. I mean there are things you can do to help it if your body is already dilating - but really nothing that will make it happen if you body isn't ready.

Don't worry! It WILL happen when it is time. I was usually at 1 cm for weeks and weeks and weeks. :D
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Pineapple!

Answer by missanc at 1:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• When you figure this out, let me know. :-)
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2011