27weeks, private/public pools are they safe, what about a wet bathing suit?

Hello,
I am 27 weeks and want to know if private/public pools are okay? Also want to know if hanging out in a wet bathing suit is okay or should you change right away in case of infection. I have gotten a lot a great answers but I need to know about the wet bathing suit information.. Thank you

MommyC23

Asked by MommyC23 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Swimming is good exercise for people of all ages. It takes the heavy weight off of your legs. If you are outside on a hot day, your swim suit won't stay wet very long. I have never had a problem with an infection because I wore a wet swim suit.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Thank you Dustbunny for answering my question. The reason I asked because its my first pregnancy and I am some what a worrier. I don't want nothing to go wrong.. I have been doing great so far and want to continue until my daughter comes into this world... Again thank you...
    MommyC23

Comment by MommyC23 (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I stayed in pools all summer when I was pregnant - it felt so good to take the weight off!

Answer by missanc at 1:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Thank you Missanc, for commenting on my question...
    MommyC23

Comment by MommyC23 (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• youll be fine pools ans wet bathing suits are safe !! your baby is goin to be happy and heathly im sure good luck and congrats!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Thank you Rachel216 for the response... Good luck as well..
    MommyC23

Comment by MommyC23 (original poster) at 2:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• A wet suit is fine, generally if you're out of the water, it dries pretty fast anyway.

And yes you can swim.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• i believe they say you should take off your swimming clothes once you know you are done swimming so it doesn't cause a UTI i believe or yeast infection. but that's great you are swimming while pregnant.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Actually haven't been in a pool yet, because I wanted to see how many of you Moms would answer and if it was a go, that was a concern for me in regards to wet suits and uti or yeast infection.. I just might invest in a little pool so that I can relax in it.. Because it is brutal out there and its not even July.. Thank you for your response Lucky35, have a beautiful day!
    MommyC23

Comment by MommyC23 (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Swimming in pool is okay also wearing a bathing suit.staying in anything wet over and over can create moisture to grow which causes bacteria and a yeast infection.most of the time I get out my swim suit after Im done and inside my house.
    MizzMejia

Answer by MizzMejia at 4:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2011