• In the Spotlight:

Husband with mom issues...oorrrr maybe not?( no bashing!!!!!) adult content

ok so Idont know how this will come out but i love my husband SO much i just wish I could help him....Ill start off by tellin you guys his background....He lived with his mom and real dad for about 6 years with his other two brothers one younger and one older...his dad and mom both beat him then his mom lefted her first husband for a rich guy that treated them like crap their mom and this guy would beat them.....then she had that guys kids (2) they are treated like angels the boys were outcast made to do housework he didnt have any freedom he started in his teens to have a porn addiction...then a couple years later he met me he was nice and still is on occasion....we had problems for years but worked through them and are doing great its just i noticed later his porn consists of older women....Im 21 hes 25.....I dont understand that i thought at first maybe he is into that or it could be mom issues....im not saying that b/c of me being hurt from the porn though i dont like it I have tried to talk to him but he doesnt want to we have been together for 6 years and he just doesnt talk about his feelings im not mad at him i just wanna know if i can help him through any of this....I dont wanna bring up his past b/c it hurts him he hates talking bad about his dad but couldnt care about talking bad about his mom.....idk...I just want to understand since he wont tell me can someone make anything of this.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• You need to do one of two things.

1. Tell him he MUST talk to a professional or your marriage is DONE.

or

2. Forget about it and accept that this is who he is and it's not likely to change.

My choice would be #1.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• So you have been in a relationship with him sense you where 15? His porn addiction is like any other addiction, his problem not yours. He needs help by professionals. He has to want to stop.

Answer by louise2 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• This is tough. I think you both need to talk to someone that can help with these kinds of issues... a therapist or someone that can help out.
    marla

Answer by marla at 1:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• we have tried that he wont talk to anybody he's the kind of guy that tries to not show his emotions.....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I agree, he needs to talk to someone. Probably not you because it makes him uncomfortable.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• ....but he wont talk to ANYONE.....and i didnt mean me he has tried talking to a shrink a counselor he just wont talk...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• You have to make him see, he needs to talk this through, it's the only way he can be helped.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 1:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• nope since i was 16...but why does that matter lol. He has told me numerous times he wants to but cant I havent tried to force him to do anything he didnt want to. It is both our problems it may be HIS addiction but its affecting EVERYONE! ----not meanin that in a bitchy way tryin to be as sincere as possible----
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• He needs to seek counseling; since he won't do that, I really don't know. Have you laid out your feelings about this to him? Let him know you want to help him through his issues, but you don't know how.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 2:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• You got together when you where still a teen. Do you feel you can't leave him because you have kid/s with him?

Answer by louise2 at 2:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2011