MediCare advice needed . . . anyone?

Hi Moms,

I am trying to help my mother research info and options regarding medicare because she needs to sign up very soon. To my dismay, all of the parts, premiums, etc, are sooooooo confusing!

Does anyone have some words of advice about good vs. bad plans? Part C, no Part C? What has worked for you/ and or/ loved ones?

ImaginationMama

Asked by ImaginationMama at 1:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Health

• I don't have an answer, I will bump for you
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 6:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Thx. :)
    ImaginationMama

Comment by ImaginationMama (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I did it for my mom but I'm not sure now that Obama has screwed with it. My mom had medicare and a medicare advantage plan. They should have sent you something because they all want the business. LOL If not get on the internet. Look at teh medicare.gov site and under medicare advantage. Sorry, the rules are just all different now.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My Hubby has medicare, he has lupus. So he is on medicare parts A, B and D. He also has Medicaid because he qaulifies for extra help. Then he has Wellcare for his prescription coverage plan. In his prescription coverage plan he pays $6.30 a 30-day RX for four months then he is paid up so he pays nothing the rest of the year except for his premium... $4.30 a month.

SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 8:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Thanks for the info, ladies. :) So, if you don't have the MediCal/medicaid, is the advantage plan worth it? It seems like regular AB is pretty expensive.

ImaginationMama

Comment by ImaginationMama (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2011