Does it annoy you when people receive disability checks when they don't have a disability?

Im my state..they hand those suckers out like candy~! I have 2 neighbors, both capable of working but dont, who receive disability checks every month. They just don't want to work..

I heard it from one neighbors own mouth.. "I don't want to work man...They don't pay enough."

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 1:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• You mean like a woman i know who recieves disability because her child is adhd? And I have one as well but would never dream of collecting a check for something that can be controlled!!
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• do you really think it is so easy to get disability!? Trust me, it isn't.....
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Ya. they do it here too. or people who work under the table and still get them.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Its sad because the people who can not work go through hell trying to get disability. It took my mom over 2years before she was approve. When I got out of high school I had to work 2 jobs and go to school to help her out financially.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 1:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• It's not that easy to get a disability check maybe they have a condition that enables them from time to time like RA or Arthritis you don't know so don't judge please..
    mari2120

Answer by mari2120 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• It doesn't annoy me for myself, but money could either go to people who really need it or to other good causes (including lowering the debt). You hear so many stories of people who really can't work and can't qualify... sad.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My FIL has one arm, no legs, and has worked for the city for thirty years! And he gets SSI. His job gave him purpose. And you know what, he is totally deserving.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I had to stop focusing on that stuff because I was irritated all the time! It made me nuts! Not much you can. Do. But she must have proof of the cancer to get SSI benefits. And she may be self medicating to cope with underlying issues. Not that it's ok, but there could be more to it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I think too many people worry too much about what other people have
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 2:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yes!! My ex is on private disability (he was a flight attendant and now can't do that job with his heart problems - he had a quintuple bypass) but to keep his benefits he has to apply for Social Security disability. He doesn't qualify because he can do tons of other jobs. He runs 5Ks and goes rock climbing! But he cries poverty when it comes to child support because his private disability check is low. If he gets SS disability I will scream!

Answer by missanc at 1:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2011