should I pursue a soulmate even though I am married with 2 children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• Please don't. It will be the biggest mistake of your life! Sometimes a "soulmate" doesn't turn out to be what you imagine it will. The grass isn't always greener.
    meriahmn

Answer by meriahmn at 12:43 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• No. If it is really what you NEED, please at least have the decency to get a divorce first. It is not all about you. I mean this in the nicest way possible, but please consider your family (mainly your kids) first before you do anything like that.
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 12:45 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• NO. Get a divorce if you want to pursue someone else. That's not fair to your husband or kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Do you think you are being fair to you new "soul mate"? You have mated with someone already all you are going to do is cause unecessary drama in you life. Try and stir up the coals with who you have now. Things are not cold. just stir up the coals you'll fine the flame again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• slapbanging head into wall

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I agree, you have "mated" already and need to and owe that person all of your focus and love. If something is missing then try everything to get to going or back...work with your partner to rework your marriage. Earn your place with your mate...don't just sitting around doing nothing......then if you can't make it work then think about divorce.
    bolz08

Answer by bolz08 at 2:34 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Is that the kind of example you want to set for your children? I always think about that before I make any decision. It's not fair to your children or your husband to pursue someone else. Doesn't fit into the definition of marriage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Soul mates don't exist. I love my husband and we have an amazing connection on so many levels. I know had I not met him I would have found someone else and had an amazing connection and relationship with them. I chose to open my heart and love my husband. We had an instant lust for one another but the love was a choice. You are lusting for someone because you are feeling down. Talk to your husband and fix your marriage. If it cannot be repaired then divorce. Once the divorce is final and you have your life settled for you and your kids pursue someone who is available. What you are experiencing is not love or a soul mate it is lust and you would be a terrible mother to pursue anything with that person.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• No. Pursue your husband, or pursue a divorce. Your husband and your supposed soul mate, not to mention your children and yourself, deserve at least that much.

Besides, remember, the grass might be greener on the other side of the fence, but that's usually because it's been covered in crap and someone else is doing the mowing....
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:28 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• i'm just curious..
    If he is/was your soulmate.. why didn't you marry him instead of the man you are with?
    Did you think the man you are with was your soul-mate when you married him?
    I don't think I could get married unless I was absolutely positive that he was the ONE and only that I was going to spend the rest of my life with.
    Is this "soul-mate" aware of your feelings?
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 4:31 AM on Dec. 15, 2008