Why is it not ever good enough?

DH hated this house (when it was just the 2 of us I didn't mind, but it is a bit small now). He just went and looked @ our new house (4 bedrooms) and is already complaining about how small the rooms are. Who cares those rooms are for a 9 month old and a new born, do they really need big rooms? We took what we were offered (military family living on base), they didn't even have to offer the 4bed house because technically we only qualify for a 3bed house (much smaller). I don't know why he always has to find something to complain about? Can't men just be happy with what they are given?

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 1:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Like us, men have pet peeves. They complain about what cannot be changed and drive us crazy in the process. DH & I aren't a military family. My DH complains about how bad our back yard looks and about all of the things that need to be done to the house. Our house needs all new windows (none of them open), our roof over the garage needs to be replaced, and our back yard needs major work done to it to remove all of the railroad ties and a lot of backfill dirt to level everything. This costs many thousands of dollars. I am a stay at home mom and am 18 weeks pregnant. Who wants to hire a pregnant woman who will not be working outside of the home after the baby is born. I want to start taking classes after the baby is born. DH has been flipping out for a few weeks now. I have my 2 oldest DSs do what they can to help.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• And they say us women complain HA I beg to differ. Just smile and nod and ignore him LOL.
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• funny huh ? because it is usually the other way around.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• LOL, yeah, I guess with him it's just the whole "bigger is better" mentality. I am thinking we should just be happy that they let us have a 4 bedroom house, since technically we shouldn't have it. But all he thinks is that the rooms are small. How big of a room does a baby need? Our daughter's room is small right now, and we have a computer desk and all of our extra stuff in there! At least in this new house we will have a spare room for all that!
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• See this house has none of those issues (since we live on a military base that is all taken care of) we do have to take care of the back yard, but if we don't we get a ticket! So the house is in very good condition and so is the yard, the only problem that he has with is that the family room is a bit small and the bedrooms are small. Who cares? We don't really have that much furniture anyways! One couch and one chair, and a tv stand. Then a dresser, crib, and changing table to go in both of the kids rooms (I am 14 weeks pregnant, which is why we are moving to a bigger house).
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Sounds like it will fit your purposes - remind him the bigger the space, the more to clean ....
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• sounds all too familiar my husband did the same thing to us...we were living in a three bedroom house but the mortgage payments were getting too expensive so we started looking at houses and he looked at one house that was a 2 bedroom and then took me to look at it I didn't care for it but he was hedoublehockeysticks bent on signing the lease; so he did and we moved and then he started having second thoughts about it and I told him "well you were the one so bent on signing the lease that you wouldn't give a second thought to any that I liked so now you have to live with your decision" and that shuts him up.

Our other house the rooms were smaller but we made do; we had a crib changing table and dresser in one room and a crib and dresser in the other room. Alot of times we just used the bathroom counter to change our children.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:45 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Nope
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:03 AM on Jul. 13, 2011