Is this too much?

my son is 1 year old. I have tried making him eat solid food, today I made soup and made him a bowl of soup to. He ate a few spoonful of soup but then rejected it, was it too much too soon? WDYT???

marinebrats

Asked by marinebrats at 1:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No, my 1 yr old has been eating whatever we eat since she was around 8 months. They just have small tummies and it doesn't take much to fill them up.

Answer by missanc at 1:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• At a year old, my doctor has always encouraged me to offer about any table food we eat. The portion might need adjusted to what fills him up, but I don't think a small bowl is a crazy amount.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I think you are smart to give him what you are eating. He might only taste it (or refuse to try it) or he might gobble it all up, but at least you are giving him a chance to expand his palate. It took me a long time to accept that portion sizes are so much smaller for kids, and they don't have to eat at every meal if they don't want to. I say, keep it up.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 10:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2011