Am I too old?

My husband and I are trying to have a baby again.I have a 19 year old,3 year old and a 2 year old.It took almost a year to get pregnant with our 3 year old and had a miscarriage before she was conceived.Also I took one dose of clomid to get pregnant and it worked.When Rylee was 6 months old,I got pregnant with Amelya.Fast forward-Amelya is 2 years,we have been trying for 6 months and NOTHING!!!!!! Am I too old? I am 44.Am I too fat? I do need to lose weight.Any answer or tips would be great but please be kind...thanks!

Jeswife44

Asked by Jeswife44 at 1:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Well personally I wouldn't want to start all over again at my age, i'm 41. But that's just me. This is something you have to ask your doctor sweets
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• just get more clomid..most likely if you needed it the last time you will need it this time too
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• ur not to old but the odds are it might start getting harder for you.its different with everybody
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My personal opinion is no one over 35 should have children. My grandmother was 45 when she had my aunt (now 22) and my aunt missed out on a lot because of it. Her father died in his 50's, when she was 4. And the older my gram gets the worse her health has gotten. Plus she wasn't able to do things at 45 that she was able to do at 25 like get on the ground and play.

My DH's mom was in her 40's also when she had him and neither she or his father lived long enough to see him grow up. His father died when he was 14, his mother when he was 17...

I know lots of women have healthy babies at that age, but the older you get the less chance you'll have to ever see them grow up or have their own kids. To me, your job as a parent doesn't end when they turn 18, and they need you just as much when they have kids, so to have them late and limit that or deny them that is wrong.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• you're not too old. just go see a doctor. I know ladies who got pregnant at 45 and their babies were perfectly fine, but they went through a very strict plan and they followed them closely everything went fine, good luck btw
    marinebrats

Answer by marinebrats at 2:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Well, I was 40 when I conceived our latest (and hopefully last) child. I know you said you had trouble before, so here's my advice: Go to school for a year or more of 14-hour days to earn the degree you always wanted and graduate at the top of your class. Be completely ready to go to work to ply the craft you love and spent so much time learning how to do and have fantastic job offers that will require bending, lifting and other things that are difficult to do when pregnant lined up left, right and center. You'll be knocked up before you go to the first interview, trust me.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 2:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Honestly at your age its kinda risky to be pregnant
    3lilANGELS236

Answer by 3lilANGELS236 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• That would be too old for me to even want to have a baby. I couldnt do it at all I think its too old, but its your choice.
    MizzMejia

Answer by MizzMejia at 3:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• You are not too old.... It just depends on your body... I am 23 and having trouble getting pregnant.... Its all on ur body not your age... So dont let your age stop you or hold you back... And good luck x=)
    wanttobemommy88

Answer by wanttobemommy88 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2011