Wives.... have you ever....

How do you explain to your DH that we do not have the funds to visit his mom? He hasn't seen her in 3 yrs (that also was before our time together) & gSon since he was an arm baby... why should we suffer that expense andwe are month behind in every bill?

Have you ever felt like ur DH was like a baby..... craves attention. Feels good and ironic enough just carzy at times

Lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• i would just be honest..my dh and i travel and we are 8hrs from home at this point..his grandparents are back home and if they want him to go or he wants to go and its not a good time i just tell him bills come first..bc they surely wont help pay them or give us somewhere to live
    Anonymous

• Haha no never but your hubby sounds like a riot
    Anonymous

• Sorry, I would find a way to go... Bills or not. My inlaws both passed years ago. When his mother passed my DH moved in with his great aunt who lives in OH. We are in PA. I try to get him to go visit her at least once every few months and we were both out of a job for months last year. You can always catch up on the bills - family won't always be there.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would tell him bills have to come first, and if he can find a way to afford the bills AND go to his mothers, that would be fine.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• bills I have to know that they are paid and when so I take care of all of those things I'd just be honest if you can't afford it the answer is NO
    there's a two way street here if it's been so long maybe his mom could come visit ya'll.... maybe she has the funds to spare.... to share the cost for the visit ...
    traren

Answer by traren at 2:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• If it has been 3 yrs I would put money back each month and make a way to go, unless your in fincial ruens make it possible family is family..
    46186mommyof4

Answer by 46186mommyof4 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Again.... in his previous marraige his wife wouldn't allow him to go and now we can't go.... ironic so we are behind on htehouse note and everything.... now is not the time but he wants to spend his entire check to go.... $600+ ... come on really
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Will his mom send a plane ticket or money for him to travel to see her? Is there anything he can do to raise the money to go like a yard sale or selling something of his to a pawn shop?

There is nothing wrong with you not being able to afford it but there is also nothing wrong with him wanting to reunite with his mother after so long. Wouldnt you want to see your children?
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• You have to be honest with him. If you can't afford it, he can't go. It's not really hard. If he wants to go so badly, tell him to get a second job to save up the money for the trip.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2011