Do you automatically assume when you see an overweight person park in a handicapped spot..

that they only were given the handicapped parking pass because they are severly overweight?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 2:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• No- If that were the case, we may as well make ALL the stalls in America larger-

IMO, the stalls should ONLY be used for those with medical equipment that necessitates bigger clearance, and even then, they could be located at the back of the parking lot or near the cart carousel. Wcs, Larks, canes, developmental strollers, vents, O2...........

If you're so infirmed or debilitated that walking from the 5th stall down is too taxing, you probably are too frail to be out and about- How could you grocery shop or walk the mall?

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I don't pay enough attention to people to notice where they park.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• No I assume that the person is HANDICAPPED...
    ScheNoe

Answer by ScheNoe at 2:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yes I do, sadly my best friend is 400+lbs and got a sticker recently just because of her weight.. makes me sad like if they apply for those stickers shouldn't we have weight watchers parking in the BACK of the lot so we encourage them to get more exercise.. Heck, I'd be happy with a different sticker!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• yes i do assume that and i know i am not right all of the time.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 2:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Gwen.. I actually have a friend whos sister & her hubby are severely overweight.. 5 kids.. eat out all the time.. & they have a parking pass.. & ONLY because they are overweight.
    SuperrMommyy

Comment by SuperrMommyy (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• No, but I do assume that it is due to joint related issues caused by their obesity.

Answer by missanc at 2:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I don't assume anything when anyone is parked in a handicapped spot...as long as they have the parking pass for it, it's not my business.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 2:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Nope.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yes i do...sad that they let them selfs get that way. Sick if you ask me.
    Anonymous