Constant lower back pain, can that be a sign of a soon labor?

I'm 39 weeks, and the whole day today i've been feeling very different...
Its hard to walk and im experiensing lower back pain, its a mild pain but constant. Is it a sign?

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 12:47 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Could be. Everyone is different. I never had any lower back pain, but my cousin said she had lots of back labor. If this is the real thing, Congratulations!
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 12:52 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• "Constant" is the only word that leads me to say it's unlikely it's labor, but it might be worth calling your doc and checking in. I had back labor, but the pain came and went (at least until I got into active labor). But every woman is different. If the pain gets worse as the evening goes on, you might be well on your way. Good luck! You can take Tylenol if you want. Try to get some rest and take it easy. If it's labor, you'll want to be rested!!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:21 AM on Dec. 15, 2008