What I would do to make a difference in the world is??

MommaB30

Asked by MommaB30 at 2:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Raise my children to be compassionate and caring people so there is less complacency in the world.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I feel I did make a difference in the world I live in during my years in the Peace Corps. I helped quite a few people and received the extra benefit of learning a lot as well.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• If I had unlimited funds. I would turn old houses or apt building into nicer buildings. Then help those who are homeless find a safe place to live. Help them find jobs by working with others like themselves. Teaching them a trade and making a difference in the world. Giving everyone a second, third or fourth chance. To love on them, to give them medical attention and to make sure they are safe. I just wish I had unlimited funds like that.
    SweetPea726

Answer by SweetPea726 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would make an organization that actually helps women who decide to keep their babies and not go thru with an abortion. Many pro-life organizations urge women to keep their babies but don't help them out afteward! I am pro-life and I want to help them out too for as long as they need.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Be kinder to everyone I know and meet.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 3:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Pixie you have done a lot already!
    And SweetPea that is an amazing dream - dreams start somewhere within and even without unlimited funds there is a lot you could do to start small.. have you ever seen the Los Angeles Dream Center..
    MommaB30

Comment by MommaB30 (original poster) at 3:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Very true Gomez, and wouldnt it be easier to make that decision if a girl knew for a fact, she wouldnt be left alone.
    MommaB30

Comment by MommaB30 (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I volunteer with planned parenthood to keep women educated on their bodies, prevention pregnancy, and options.....

ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 3:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Laila - what a great answer.. so much about who we raise today will effect our tomorrow! I love it.. Everyone has great great answers its awesome!
    MommaB30

Comment by MommaB30 (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would love to provide scholarships . . both to college-bound kids and to those interested in learning a specific trade instead of college. It is really hard for kids, these days, to get started in the world, and I would love to help.

I also want to raise money to build hospitals and train doctors in countries such as Afghanistan, where maternal and infant mortality is ridiculously high.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2011