What Is Your Dream Goal? Can You Obtain It?

I notice that some mommies think that once they have children there goes their goal of being a famous actress or worldwide traveler. All their time now belongs to their children.

Is this something you have felt before? What was this dream? Give it a thought. Could you still make it happen? Are you making it happen now?

Gingerwheel

Asked by Gingerwheel at 2:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Just for Fun

• my goal is to become a midwife...I'm working on it.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 2:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My dream (since I dropped outta high school) was to get my GED (i did) and enroll in college (i am) and finish college and start a career. I'm halfway there it should take 2 years to finish college and start my career. At first I didn;t have the desire to go back to school but now I do...i want to be able to own a house and keep owning nice things. plus dh wants to go back to school so he can get a better job as well.
    YerMami24

Answer by YerMami24 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Dream goal would be to own my house and be financially secure. Hopefully I'll get there one day...*sigh*
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I can only speak for myself.

I did not give up any goals or dreams when I had my son. I had already accomplished the majority of the goals I had already set for myself before I had a child (masters degree, peace corps, traveled to many places in the world, established myself in my career). The goals I had set for myself for the first half of my life I pretty much accomplished. Now I am working on the goals I have for the next half of my life (I'm 49 so yeah I'm starting that last home stretch of life.. lol). The biggest one I have set right now. Is for my husband and I to move to Amritsar India after he retires. The money is pretty much saved, the bungalow shopping is at the "window shopping" stage, we are just waiting for retirement now.

Other than that. My main goal is to live, love and laugh as much as I possibly can during this last half of this lifetime.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I'm going to college--that was a dream of mine for a very long time
    rec104

Answer by rec104 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2011