Road trip food

My family is moving from Florida to Idaho on August 1st. We will be driving for 4 days (stopping to sightsee and sleep). I need some ideas for good food to pack in the car. We will have a cooler for drinks and snacks that have to be kept cool. There will be a 14mo old, 12 yr old, 16 yr old(boy so you know he'll be hungry) my hubby and me.
What do you take on road trips? Any good road trip ideas would be appreciated.

shareleann

Asked by shareleann at 2:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Travel

• things that are none messy , filling, and eazy to eat in the car......fruits (apples, bananas, pears, grapes, things that dont bruise eazy)....crackers, nuts, (things that fill you up ) things to make sandwiches with (lunch meat, cheese, bread, PB & J) veggie sticks and juice boxes, small containers of milk and lots of water (try to limit soda or other sugary drinks while driving )
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Cheez-its, crackers, fruit
    MommyBulger

Answer by MommyBulger at 2:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• i'd say make some quick sandwhiches - pb&j, turkey and cheese, etc. bring some fruits, crackers, nuts, drinks
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 2:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• You have to think about whether or not things need to stay cold as well.

Fruit, fruit cereal bars (we go to trader joe's), if you want junk food, it's plentiful. Cheese crackers, chips, etc.

anxiousschk

Answer by anxiousschk at 2:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I always go to Costco and get a box of chips in variety (like cheetos and doritos) and pack of chocolate milk and large container of peanut butter filled pretzels. I also always have cans of tuna, peanut and cashew butters, bread, apples and cereal bars. So far on this road trip (we've been gone 3 weeks) the big hits were the apples - had to buy more 3 times:))
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:56 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I usually pack carrots, apples, sandwichs and chips, anything healthy and not messy.
    brazilianmumsy

Answer by brazilianmumsy at 2:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Homemade brownies:) Every trip I tool as a kid, my mom would make brownings right before. When we were stuck in traffic - we are brownies and did not mind not moving. Good luck.
    tracimed

Answer by tracimed at 10:33 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• sandwiches, veggies, crackers, cookies,
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 4:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2011