CafeMom Answers is the place for moms to get answers to their questions.
Ask your question and get answers from real moms in minutes, or answer a question yourself!
I have some really cheap plastic food storage containers. Recently they have started accumulating a dish detergent film that is nearly impossible to get off. This film is on nothing but my containers, all the other dishes, etc. are fine. When I need to store something, I take a damp paper towel and thoroughly clean out the container before I put it in there (pain in my butt), and then food still tastes slightly soapy (especially if it has been in the microwave - and yes, they are microwave-safe).
Is there anything I can do to break the cycle (not something I have to do every time I wash them)? Does this only happen to the cheap kind, or should I break down and just buy tempered glass?
Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2011
Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2011
Answer by LoreleiSieja at 2:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2011
Answer by tspillane at 4:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2011
Answer by tasches at 4:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2011
Answer by KTMOM at 5:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2011
Answer by BeulahBuford at 4:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2011
Answer by elasmimi at 8:02 AM on Jul. 13, 2011