How can I help My son to stop having accidents??

My son is 7 yrs old getting ready to go into 2nd grand and still having BM accidents, I have 4 kids he is the only one that does this. he has been to the dr it isnt health related. It is driving us nuts! we have tried making him sit on the toilet for ten minutes the same time each day remind him all day long to go to the bathroom and he still does this he even does it at night.... Im at a loss here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Have you considered therapy? Often times when a child has poop issues, especially boys, they have been molested. Don't want to scare you and don't want to cause problems, but that is my first guess.
    He is old enough to clean up his own messes. Make him do the clean up, and maybe he will get tired of it? Do you put him in pull-ups? Peer pressure might help, if the other kids see him in pullups.
    Are his BMs large or small? Hard or soft or runny? Is there an off color, or really off smell? (I know, all poop smells). Sometimes this might be a clue to a physical problem. Small, rock-hard poops just don't like to come out when you sit on a pot. A high-fiber diet will help that issue.
    If you cannot afford therapy, I'd ask the boy's teacher. She may know of some resources you haven't thought of. Good luck!
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 2:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2011