Should someone's spouse have the right to make them a facebook page after they was murdered even if they hated the internet?

My dad was dragged outside of his house and murder just a couple of feet from his wife. And 35days after his death she announced she had a boyfriend and 3days after that she no longer was with the guy and decides to make him a facebook page. I think i would be ok with it if she's didnt use it to IM ppl or use it like he's actually speaking...what do u think? I just feel like it is disrepectful to him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't see the need to have a FB page for a person who is deceased and laid to rest. Maybe if he was missing to get his picture out there. Especially to make a page over a month of him being gone? No.

If she wants to have people remember him she can post a pic or better yet make one album on her FB page with all his pictures so that anyone who is on her list who knew him can go and look at his pictures.

SnapIt

Answer by SnapIt at 3:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Okay.. I'm a bit lost.. She got with a guy 35 days after your father was murdered.. she got a boyfriend..then they broke up.
    Then she made your father a facebook page? Thats strange to begin with..

& I'm sorry about your dad.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• if she is using it to IM people that is a bit odd.. past that I think a memorial page is fine.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• It's okay SugaMama! I was just wondering why I got voted down!! lol =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I'm really sorry about you dad. :( I hope you are ok!

I think it is ok for her to start a facebook page as a memorial, but it is somewhat weird to talk and IM from that page. In her shoes, I would talk from my own page. But, this might be a way for her to still feel connected to him.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 2:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I made a memorial PAGE (not a profile) for my sons dad who passed away. Its so that people can post to my son memories of his daddy.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• She obviously is having a very rough time and needs to have time to heal. She has to handle it the way she feels fits her needs.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Supermommy that thumbs down was an accident hun. I'm on my phone and was scrolling down!! So sorry :(
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Sounds to me like she has some issues.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• i would have like it better if she did memorialized it...@suppermommy it is very strange the police is still look at her cause she say the ppl that broke into their house beat her up as well but she didnt have to go to the hospital and didnt have any kind of marks or bruises on her and on top of it all her stoy keep changing
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011