Anyone have a strawberry shortcake recipe they care to share?

tspillane

Asked by tspillane at 2:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I dont know an exact recipe, but my stepmother makes a pretty simple one. She makes a basic vanilla cake (2 rounds) and then whips her own whipped cream (i guess its just sugar and heavy cream?). Then she cuts up strawberries, and put the whipped cream in between the 2 layers, some strawberries in there, then frosts the whole cake, and more strawberries on top. I dont know if thats an official strawberry shortcake recipe, but I love it!
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• i use the bisquick recipe and make fresh whipped cream :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• 2 c. sifted all-purpose flour, 2 T. sugar, 3 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 c. butter or margarine, 1 beaten egg, 2/3 c. light cream or milk. Sift the dry ingred. together; cut in the butter with a fork or pastry blender until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Mix the egg and cream; add all at once & stir just until all is moist. Spread the dough in a greased 8" round cakepan. Bake at 450 for 15-18 minutes. You can then split it into two layers if you like. I usually don't. I just cover it with strawberries and vanilla ice cream Yummo!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I used to make the shortcakes with the recipe from the Bisquick box, top with fresh strawberries and real, sweetened whipped cream (not the fake spray stuff). It's one of my favorite desserts.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I make mine a little differently. I make a shortbread crust using shortbread cookies and butter (like a graham cracker crust). You can buy these, but I like to make it myself so it's thicker. I mix cream cheese, cool whip and sugar to make a filling and then top it with strawberries. It's sooo good!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2011