What was the worse experience in your childs doctors office waitingroom, while you were waiting?

For example: When my son was about 5 years old. We were sitting in his doctors waitingroom, which was extremely packed with kids running around like wild animals. With a sign clearly saying parents please take your kids to the playroom or keep them quiet while waiting to be seen. Well there was this one sick little girl no more than 3 years old that pooped her diaper. The mother was waiting to take her to the restroom but it was full. Most mothers understood this. We were all there with our kids right? Well there was this one mother that was there with her preteen that acted like she was the first lady (not exatrading) in there just kept complaining and making smart remarks about the smell. She made the poor mom so uncomfortable that she just kept saying she was sorry to everyone. Well then the snobby lady took out her nail polish and proceeded to do her nails in the waiting area. It was like "REALLY??" The smell was more toxic than the the diaper. Well it gave the other mothers around her a reason to smart off at her and make her feel as low as she made that little girls mother. I just don't understand people sometimes. toddler boy

ChacesMom

Asked by ChacesMom at 2:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't have the time to type it all..lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Just the length of time i have to wait sometimes. Last time we waited over an hour to be seen and we had an appointment and everything. I really like our Dr. but the wait kills me sometimes.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Only real negative experiences I've had where when my kids would puke in the waiting room lol.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• We rarely have any waiting to see our doctor. They are very good about their timing. I think the worse was when my daughter was just learning to walk and got a nice big egg on her head and screamed for about 5 mins.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I had my wallet stolen while in the waiting area. I had just cashed my paycheck too.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I've never had a bad experience! Our doctor has a very small practice. Just one doctor.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• watching an out of control child being ignored by his mother run into another child and break his nose!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• The worst was the time a little boy walked up to my son (who was 4 and sitting beside me) and out of the blue punched him in the face. I pulled that kid away from my son. His Mother started getting in my face about touching her child. She wound up with every other parent there jumping down her neck.. The office manager later told me the Dr. had dropped the family completely. Never have I wanted to hit someone elses child like I did that day.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• When our younger daughter was 3 we had taken her in for her allergies. We waited for over an hour and she was getting antsy and started running around. She fell and hit her chin on a side table and bit almost completely through her tongue. She was bleeding like crazy, and we were rushed off to see the doctor. He gave her a prescription for an antibiotic while we were there and after that we didn't have to wait nearly as long when she went in.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• When my daughter was about 2 I took her to the dr for a check up, this family who had about 6 kids all waiting to see the dr pushed my daughter out of the play area and told her she can not play with them, all she was doing was reading books. They took all the books away and started laughing at her. When I told the mother that I did not think it was fare for her kids to do this, she told me to deal with it thats how kids are. Well then I got pissed and told her, no kids only act like this when a mother does not teach her kids how to act. The way your kids act shows how they were raised!
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 3:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2011