One blocked fallopian tube

Last fall, I had an hsg done. It showed that I had one blocked fallopian tube (my left side). I was shocked to get pregnant that very month and an U/S showed that my baby was safely nestled in my uterus where it should be :) Sadly, I lost the baby just a few weeks later (at 8 weeks)
I have regular 29 day cycles and my charts are showing normal findings. Would it be necessary to ask to go on Clomid if we still can't get pregnant by fall (as that would be a year since our last pregnancy and 9 months since my m/c?

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 2:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Can u get the tube unblocked?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My OB said it could cause further damage.As I did get pregnant I know it won't stop me from getting pregnant again. I am having acupuncture this month again as it is said to help with increasing blood flow to your uterus, helping with stress that TTC can bring, etc. so I am giving it a try again. Some people have had success so I am up for trying it as other extreme measures are out of the question for us (too much $).
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 3:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• If you cycles are regular the clomid probably isn't going to make much difference. Have the Drs. ever discussed attempting to clear the fallopian tube? Usually, they won't, because it leads to more scarring. I lost my right ovary and fallopian tube to PCOS. My Dr. told me if we wanted another child she would support IVF. We chose against it and I did manage to have one more child but it took 4 yrs to get pregnant.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yeah. My OB said no to clearing the fallopian tube as it could lead to scarring. IVF is just too expensive so I guess we'll just keep trying the old fashioned way :)
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 3:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My sister had one tube and one ovary and she got pregnant.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2011