Brown discharge.

I was on depo for about 18 months. I stopped in march because I spotted the entire time. Well, since stopping depo, I haven't had a regular period. Some spotting here and there, but no full fledged period. Well for the past week I have had some nasty sticky dark brown discharge. I am not pregnant ( I was at the doctors about 2 hours ago) well, my doctor wants to do an ultrasound to see if my uterus is having problems shedding. ( yuck!) Anyways, what if it is? Would I be put on Medicean for it? What would cause this? I go in for an internal ultrasound tomorrow, and then I have a follow up appointment with my doctor following... Just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Health

• I have had MANY issues with depo, I have been off for about a year now and my period is still not right. I often spot or have brown blood, my doctor told me it is common with depo. I havent been put on medicine I haven't had a normal period either. I will never get on it again! I hope everything works out for you! Good luck!
    2prettylittle1s

Answer by 2prettylittle1s at 3:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• They would probably schedule a D&C and get you cleaned out
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• decided u may not know what a D&C is so here is some info

Dilation and curettage (D&C) is a brief surgical procedure in which the cervix is dilated and a special instrument is used to scrape the uterine lining. Knowing what to expect before, during, and after a D&C may help ease your worries and make the process go more smoothly for you. Here's what you need to know.

Reasons for Dilation and Curettage
    You may need a D&C for one of several reasons. A D&C is done to:
    Remove tissue in the uterus during or after a miscarriage or abortion or to remove small pieces of placenta after childbirth. This helps prevent infection or heavy bleeding.
    Diagnose or treat abnormal uterine bleeding. A D&C may help diagnose or treat growths such as fibroids, polyps or endometriosis, hormonal imbalances, or uterine cancer. A sample of uterine tissue is viewed under a microscope to check for abnormal cells.
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 3:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I've had that too but my dr has not known what it is. They even did a uterine biopsy and found nothing. I finally had the novasure procedure and ended it all. LOL Nice....
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2011