Two weeks notice

How should I do it? I am quitting because they are changing my works hours/shift to one I cannot work.

*My plan is to write a letter, just not sure how it should go. That's what I need help with.

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Money & Work

• Dear (Manager),

This is to inform you that I am resigning my position as (title) at (company). My last day will be (date).

I appreciate the opportunity I have had here at (company) over the last (length of time worked), and I feel I have learned a lot. I wish continued success to all of you.

Sincerely,

(Your name)

This is the letter of resignation I handed in myself last week. Short, to the point and doesn't burn any bridges so that you have no issues.

If you want to give the boss a reason, you can do s. I take it you've already tried to get back to your desired schedule and have been turned down? This probably won't come as any surprise, if so.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• This is my two week notice. In two weeks you will notice I haven't been here in two weeks.rolling on floor

mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 3:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Write a formal letter. Hand your boss the letter and talk to him/her. Good luck
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• just go in and tell them just like you just told us. :)
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Just like that. It doesn't have to be lengthy. "Due to the change in schedule, I am no longer able to continue working. In order to give you time to hire and train a replacement for my position, I would like to give two week's notice of my departure from the company. My last day will be _____"
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I wrote a letter and physically gave my two weeks as well as the letter. in your case I would talk to my boss and ask them if we could move it back to something I could work
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Hand over a written resignation to your employer/immediate supervisor or HR department (which one would depend on your job structure and what the policy is for your place of employment).
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• all of the above. written and verbal. don't burn a bridge be sure to work your 2 weeks. Good Luck!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 6:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Thanks everyone.

And there is no going back to my desired schedule, this was a departmental change so I'm sure I won't be the only one handing in my two weeks notice.
    GomezMami2908

Comment by GomezMami2908 (original poster) at 9:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2011