Objective in resume

I need help with mine. I am a housekeeper at a hospital, I have 2 years cleaning experience but I do not want to clean anymore so in my objective I'm trying to say that I want to go into another field, hopefully something clerical, but not sure how I should word it. I am bilingual and I do having typing skills so I wanted to include that in my objective too.

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Money & Work

• Your objective should be simple and related to the job you're applying for.

Objective: To obtain a clerical position in an office setting.

Based on the position your applying for you might choose "fast paced office setting" or "non-traditional office setting" to jazz it up a little.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Objective: to utilize my bilingualism and organizational skills in a clerical setting.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 3:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Don't include your skills in the objective...if you want to highlight that stuff then do it in the cover letter.

Dear Employer:

I was excited to see your posting for ________________________. I have experience in (say how it would benefit the employer). I also have skill a, skill b, and skill c, making me a perfect candidate for the position.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Objectives are SO out of date. Instead, you may use a summary statement. I have an example posted here:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837/forums/read/10401491/Another_example_of_a_human_voiced_resume_intro

Answer by rkoloms at 2:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2011