Should we stick my stepdaugther mom for childsupport?

Im newly married and my husband has been raising his 10yr old daughter on his own since she was 2yrs old. Her mom never calls, come visits, or do anything for her daughter. And within the past year we found out that the baby has seizures which we informed her mom thinking she will at least check on her at least every blue moon but so far that haven't happen...she dont even want us to know her phone number so the only way we're able to contact her is through a friend.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes..if she doesn't want a relationship with her daughter..she should at least be forced to financially support her. Poor girl /:
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 3:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Well, if you need help raising the child or need help with the medical bills for her seizures then..Yes. If not, then I would leave well enough alone. She's a deadbeat mom and I think it's easier for the child to move on... then to continue being ignored and abandoned by her bio-mom.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 3:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Honestly, in this situation if you guys don't need it I wouldn't file for it. I wouldn't do it because it may cause problems with the ex and if it were us in that situation it just wouldn't seem worth it.

But if you guys could use the help then I would absolutely file for child support.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 3:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2011