OPK Question?!

my cycle has been quite irregular since i finished breastfeeding 5 months ago. I get a period every month but my cycle jumps from 26-38 days. my last cycle was 33 days and i started my period dec. 3rd, the last two days i have noticed a lot of slippery stretchy discharge, yet its only my 12th cyle day and i'm supposedly supposed to ovulate on cycle day 20. I took an OPK at 9:45pm because i'm still having that discharge and it came back -. are they alwasy accurate? is it possible i ovulated yesterday or would it have + still?? I usually never have that type of discharge this soon after my period? any suggestions??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Your cycle will be completely different. I personally never had good results with OPKs. I swear by Toni Wechsler's Takeing Charge Of Your Fertiliuty. No guesswork...pregnant the first cycle. That book is worthits weight in gold.

But form wht you describe...yes, I think you did ovulate.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:09 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I took an OPK and I got a positive, meaning I should ovulate the next 24-72 hours. Well, according to my tempertature charting, I ovulated 3 days after it said I would. SO... they detect the Lh surge which means once you get a positive, you should ovulate soon. It doesn't tell you exactly WHEN though.
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 11:53 AM on Dec. 15, 2008