What are the signs of depression?

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Health

• basically having no desire or want to do anything ....
    proudmommy_0811

Answer by proudmommy_0811 at 3:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I tend to feel immobilized by negativity when depressed. Here is a good web-site for symptoms as well as a few resources: http://www.webmd.com/depression/guide/detecting-depression

There can be lots of signs.  Some are more obvious than others.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I have read all of those things above ^^^ but mild depression hit me after baby and stuck around away and it wasn't until after it was gone, I was like WTH was that? and realized, I had been mildly depressed- I wasn't lifeless or sleeping all the time, I was just terribly moody, tired, feeling not so good about myself, worrying all the time, confusion or feeling "out of sorts" not sleeping good, then like I said one day it just clicked and I was ok and realized what it was. I had been through alot of huge changes within a years time and it was emotionally draining on me and I just didnt realize how bad. The relief came when baby was cleared of heart trouble- then I turned around. :)
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Depending on how depressed you might be it could be anything from being bitchy to not wanting to get up to care for your family. In general you feel sad, unmotivated and may have trouble sleeping or sleeping to much. I was diagnosed years ago and have tried to get off the meds twice and found after about 3 months I first notice myself getting cranky and being just plain mean. I have problems sleeping and no sex drive. When that happens I know I have to get back on the meds.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• feeling tiresd all the time, there are so many signs that you should really talk to your doctor and there is alot of information on the net of course
    angeleyz375

Answer by angeleyz375 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2011