Does anyone take orthrotricyclen (generic: sprintec)?

My question is.. I had my daughter march 1 of this year.. the dr at the hospital prescribed me sprintec (orthrotricyclen) she told me april 1 to start taking the pill-so i did. I was reading on the papers here lately and it says to start on the first day of your period. Did i mess up by not waiting until i got my period..? i have been taking the pill for around 3 months...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Health

• I took that before I got preggo. But I would think as long as you're taking it every day period it is effective. It will just change when your period comes, b/c you will take your sugar pills when your period comes.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• The dr at the hospital told me specifically to start taking it april 1 -a month after my daughter was born- which i started taking it on a friday so its a day 1 start.. but i have been gettin my periods every month when i get to the white pills and before i started taking them i had really bad irregular periods.. but i was just curious if maybe i shouldve waited til the first day of my period.. but i guess its different if you had a baby recently.. but thanks for the advice :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• the reason she probably said that was because it can take awhile after a baby to be regular and you needed/wanted to be safe, so that's probably why they suggest 1 month after baby but Im not certain, I have never went straight to a BCpill after a baby.

I did take these for about 3 years, they seemed to work perfectly, but as with all pills- I had nausea the first and second weeks after taking them each month and it took 3 months after I went off of them to get pregnant and it was with twins and I miscarried one... so ?
    Also I had more frequent migraines on these- which was why I stopped taking them- but they did indeed prevent pregnancy. :)
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• good thats what i need lol.. no pregnancy anytime soon.. but i did see weight gain with these pills and i do have a lot of problems sleeping..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2011