Cranky babies...

My 4 month old has been very cranky lately.. she gets up a 530 when i take my hubby to work then goes bak to sleep until 11 and takes a 4 oz bottle and as long as im holdin her shes fine.. as soon as i put her down she'll scream until someone picks her bak up or until she just falls asleep.. she never did this until about maybe 2 wks ago...and she's always so cranky when it gets within an hour or two from her bedtime.. and refuses to nap during the day.. so what could b wrong..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Four months is a common cranky time. Teeth are often the culprit.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• i cant get her to chew a teething ring.. she chews on her fingers all the time.. every now and then i can get her to chew on the frozen tip of a rag or somethin.. so maybe she's just teething..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Starting at about 3-4 months my baby started going through this phase where she wants to be held all the time too! She is 6 months now and sometimes STILL wants to be held all the time. Her teething has been really bad and it helps calm her down if shes in mamas arms.
    stepmom2B29

Answer by stepmom2B29 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• does baby orajel actually help? i mean i know adult orajel only lasts a few mintues... i mean im thinking its got to b her gums bc she chews her fingers costantly.. and sometimes she chews on the nipple of her bottle..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• You do NOT want to give baby orajel. There is a warning against using it for infants from the FDA.
    mollysmom328

Answer by mollysmom328 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• omg.. thanks for the heads up..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Try something metal to chew on. The metal is cold so feels good on the gums, and counter pressure is the only thing that can give real relief from teething pain. I had a large, smooth, metal key chain that my DD loved to chew on when she was teething. Good luck!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• my DD just started the teeting phase and is cranky from time to time. you have to find what she prefers to chew on. sometimes my DD will take the teeting ring, and other times she likes her cloth doll. play around with different things until you find what she likes.
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 4:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• i would think that she is going through a phase where she might just feel lonely without you. my 16 week old did that to me about four weeks ago, but he's doing better now. good luck!!
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 7:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I really put "teeting" twice? I of course meant teething. I swear spellcheck didn't show it. lol
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 10:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2011