Online classes and traveling..

has any of you or as we speak taking online college classes while traveling with your husband for his work? my fiance has this job where he has to travel kinda often and i want to get my own degree just incase something happens between us i wont have financial problems later.so im going to start taking online classes and get a degree that way. any advice, opinions on it? hows it going for you? are online classes hard? ill be bored while hes at work so i dont think getting myself to do it everyday would be a problem.

Keriii24

Asked by Keriii24 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• Hmmm aside from all of your questions, if you're already planning for a break-up you may want to rethink this "relationship" as for college, take one that has a regional accreditation.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I'm not traveling or anything but i have a 4 month old and am a stay at home mom.. i was taking online classes for nursing but switched over to liberal arts.. i love the convience of having the classes right at my fingertips.. i think the classes are quite easy and you always have your books and stuff right there with you.. you can speak to the teacher anytime and they give you your exact assignments online.. its easy to keep up and with the school i go to the assignments are givin on a monday mornin and due sunday night by 1200 am so you have plenty of time to do your work..
    carrientravisj1

Answer by carrientravisj1 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I've finished my degree online and I have to say yes the classes are harder. Assignments due every week holidays don't matter. I don't see an issue with traveling as long as u have Internet. I'm glad I'm finished finally but finding a job is also hard. Sorry for the bad news. Lol
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Online classes are challenging and they will definately occupy your time so you won't be bored. Some classes are easier than others and some are better suited to a traditional classroom but still doable online, just more challenging. I think it is a great idea to pursue you degree. The biggest challenge with traveling will be ensuring you have internet access, most online classes require you to login at least 5 days a week, and recommend everyday. Keep that in mind.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 4:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• online classes aren't that difficult, everything is open book and open internet... like the first poster said though, make sure it's an accredited school, alot of 'real' universities have online programs, I would look into those before university of pheonix or anything like that.
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• What you guys aren't telling her is most online classes are paper/ project based. Sure you can use notes on tests, but that is nothing compared to how time demanding they are. 5 page papers due every week in some classes. No joke. I don't want her to get the impression that online is easier, cuz it isn't
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2011