My 2 yr old and my husband..............

For the last few days my dd doesn't seem to want anything to do with her daddy. If he is getting ready to leave and he leans over to give her a kiss goodbye, she pushes him away, or turns her head. Or if I ask her to give daddy hugs or something before she goes to bed she tells me no and runs into her bedroom. Needless to say, this is hurting my dh and he doesn't understand why she is doing this. She just wants to be with me. Is this just a phase or what?? Please give some advice!!!

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes its a phase. My son was the same at that age. My hubby was working alot and I am a SAHM. He only wanted me. My situation was a little worse because my dad lived close by and would see my son everyday, alot so my son started to want his grandpa more than his dad and it was very hard on my hubby. I started setting times when I knew my hubby was coming home and making a game out of it, like daddy's coming home lets go draw him a picture and my son started responding to that and gradually it got better. Now he's 31/2 and when his dad's home they are inseperable.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 7:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• It's a phase and will pass.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• next phase will be that she will praise him and have nothing to do w/ you. :) It happens to all kids. lol
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I agree, its a phase, my son has a 6 month long phase and it broke daddy's heart but he's back to loving us all again lol!~ just don't let her get away with her and tell her its not nice and it hurts daddys feelings. I am fine with phases and stages but it doesn't mean my son gets to rule the roost either.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would think it's just a phase, I mean...he's a good daddy right? You have no concerns? Then, yeah...a phase.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 3:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• do you spend more time with her?
    carrientravisj1

Answer by carrientravisj1 at 3:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I think it is just a phase. My BFF daughter is the same way but she switches a couple weeks she will want nothing but mommy then after that nothing but daddy. She is just experimenting, see what kind of reaction she can get.
    2prettylittle1s

Answer by 2prettylittle1s at 3:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yes, a phase dear :) Is this the only "weird" thing all of a sudden?
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yes, DD has actually done this a few times. She'll be 100% daddy's girl for weeks and then one day decide she doesn't want anything to do with him.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 4:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• @carrie....yes, I do spend more time with her. My dh works from 4pm to 8am ther next day (16hrs) on Wed and Sat, and then other days he 4p to 12am other times. We go grocery shopping together, and doc appts.

@Gemini.....Yes he is a very good daddy, better then the ones I have had!!

@yesmaam....Ya its been the last few days and he been under alot of stress and frustration, so she maybe picking up on that to, I am not sure.
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2011