Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Help getting a smell out of the house!!!!

ok I admit this was dumb .... but I burned a picture in the kitchen now I have this nasty smell in there and I need some advice on what to do i aired out the kitchen but it still smells it was a polariod!!!! and left foul odor!!!!!

 
traren

Asked by traren at 4:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Home & Garden

Level 17 (3,809 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • Well, honestly burning a polaroid releases toxins.
    You need to air out the room and wash everything down.
    twinsplus2more

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

  • Burn some popcorn in the microwave - hehe!
    But seriously - as the ladies said above - open windows, fans, candles, and maybe even some lysol.
    beckie66

    Answer by beckie66 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

  • I would do a wet-mop of all surfaces. The smoke can leave a slight smelly film on everything. So, open up your window, and wipe away . .. cabinets, floors, fridge. You shouldn't have any smell after that.
    ImaginationMama

    Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

  • Wash the walls and floor with vinegar and water mixture ~
    tasches

    Answer by tasches at 4:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

  • Maybe try burning some candles??
    tspillane

    Answer by tspillane at 4:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

  • Open some windows and use a fan?
    FatGirl239

    Answer by FatGirl239 at 4:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

  • Open your windows, turn on some fans, and light some candles.
    Shaken1976

    Answer by Shaken1976 at 4:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

  • Fans, open windows, candles, and remember lesson learned.
    pookiekins34

    Answer by pookiekins34 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

  • I feel so silly!!!! lol the pop corn may smell better than it does right now!!!!!! wow I didn't realize it was gonna smell like this!!!! .... I'll never do this again!!!!! ever!!!!!
    traren

    Comment by traren (original poster) at 4:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

  • Spray some Febreeze... Open the windows. Bake a cake !...
    IndigoRose

    Answer by IndigoRose at 4:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2011