Victims of domestic violence.....

Would you be offended if you found out that somebody you knew was making up stories about being abused by her spouse?

This is a woman who is herself verbally abusive to both her husband and her children.

Her husband responded to one of her tirades by pushing past her to get out of the house to cool down while she was physically blocking the door. The husband is very large and she is very small, and brushing past her results in her falling down onto her butt on the floor.

This story has evolved from the true version (see above) to her being beaten daily, spit on, yelled at, sworn at, called names, and ect. She has several new friends who have only heard the made up stories, and they harrass the ( soon to be ex) husband at his job, and try to get him in trouble with his manager by making anon complaints by phone.

P.S. The woman in the story is a relative, and the man is not liked by anyone. But should that make it okay to tell such terrible lies about him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• Domestic violence is not something to lie about.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Being a victim of domestic violence from the age of 2-18.... people like this piss me off. Bottom line is, you and whoever else knows the truth need to get together and either talk to him about leaving her with the child or call a domestic violence hotline and report her. She is the abusive one, please don't sit back and let her do it!
    supermama86

Answer by supermama86 at 4:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Lying about being beaten is never okay! This man, whether well-liked or not, has the right to maintain his dignity and not be slandered all over town. Being labeled a wife-beater is something that will follow him the rest of his life!
    Mom22Gurls82

Answer by Mom22Gurls82 at 4:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I dont think anyone should lie about crap like that abuse isnt a joke.....so i would be offended
    raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 4:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• some people do this cuz they want to take the attention off themselves and try to make themselves look like the victim. I agree with the above posters; it's nothing to lie or joke about. There are plenty of women and, yes, men, who experience this for real and are stuck in it and don't know what to do about it. She needs help for her strange behaviors.
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 4:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• As a survivor of domestic violence, I don't know if "offensive" is the right word, but I would be troubled by it.
    However, I also realize that no one truly knows what goes behind closed doors, so who knows if there is any truth to the woman in questions stories.
    MommyCatalina

Answer by MommyCatalina at 4:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• No,---telling lies and saying that someone abuses you when they don't is really manipulative and it's quite sick ! It sounds like this lying woman needs serious psychological help ! As to their marriage breaking up... It sounds like a really bad marriage, anyway.
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 4:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would be pissed but her husband still shouldnt be pushing her. If her husband is the one being abused then HE needs to get those kids out of that situation
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I was only mentally abused by an ex. Victim of abuse or not, I would find someone lying about it offensive. Domestic violence is a very serious issue, a situation that is very difficult for victim to get out of, and for someone to make up lies about it is just horrible. And considering how abusers are viewed, lying and making an innocent person look like an abuser is wrong.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2011